Ryan is a Senior Cloud Solution Architect in the WW OCP Tech Team at Microsoft.
Prior to joining Microsoft on a full time basis, Ryan built his experience in the Microsoft Partner channel beginning in 2009. Ryan has held the positions of Systems Administrator, Systems Engineer, Solution Architect and latterly Cloud Solution Architect for a major oil and gas transformation in Aberdeen, Scotland.
Ryan has international experience having worked in Bermuda and the Cayman Islands on contract positions, delivering projects for customers in sectors including reinsurance, banking and fund management.
Ryan is also a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT), qualified to deliver all Azure Microsoft Official Courses (with a few exceptions).
Outside of work Ryan enjoys golf, travelling, cars and scuba diving.
My role at Microsoft consists of the following activities:
I am aligned to one of the Global SI partners as a technical investment from Microsoft to drive success with Azure.
• Drive and shape the GSI Microsoft Business Unit within the partner to ensure Azure is the first party choice hyperscaler for all customer bids.
• Provide expert technical guidance to help shape the GSI partners positioning for RFI/RFP responses.
• Communicate partner and customer feedback to Microsoft Engineering Product Groups regarding service improvement and feature gap closure.
• Constantly develop partner technical capabilities around key products and services with a focus on best practice architectures and design patterns.
• Play pivotal role in helping the partner position their IP-based solutions to customers with an focus on the value add which can be realised with Azure and M365.
• Manage and support the GSI partner through complex technical escalations from problem analysis to case resolution.
• Drive partner success by helping identify and develop new IP-based solutions for their marketplace.
• Constantly collaborate with the GSI partner to define pre validated solutions for their Cloud Centre of Excellence.
• Work with the wider Microsoft teams CSU/OCP/STU/ATU to ensure GSI partner alignment for consistent and tangible results for all customer engagements.
• Participate in training & enablement activities for both the GSI partner and Microsoft internal teams including acting as a coach for Openhack events.
• Host and present highly technical webinar and training sessions to the GSI partners core Cloud Architecture teams.
• Continuously learn and develop my own skills in a wide range of technologies backed up with vendor certification and community information sharing.
Ryan can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07568576814.